The support engineer’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving escalated end-user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. Advanced tools may be used to run diagnostics and to develop pro-active resolution scripts. Incidents, Requests and problems may be in domains such as Office applications or other more complex applications.
Taken & verantwoordelijkheden
- Resolve known errors incidents related to workstation, printers, software packages, Microsoft patches.
- You are responsible for monitoring the tickets and reduce the backlog of level 2, by respecting the SLA
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician or vendor, when required
- You are responsible for the execution of different Operational Tasks
- You offer alternative solutions and writes procedures
- Document solutions that can be delegated to the service desk
- Organize information sessions with the service desk to transfer technical knowledge on new projects or changes.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution
Kennis, vaardigheden & ervaring
- Strong knowledge on the newest Windows Operating Systems configuration and Support
- Good knowledge of principles of application’s deployment
- Good analytical and questioning skills
- Good knowledge of hardware and standard software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook),
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Sharepoint, SCCM, Intune concepts
- Basic knowledge of Citrix, O365, Scripting, PowerShell, etc.
- Fluently speaking Dutch, French and English (C2), sufficient writing skills in English to document (B1)
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
Opleiding & kwalificaties
- Training in ICT or first experience at a customer service
- One or more Microsoft Certifications are considered as a strong plus
- Itil certification is considered a plus
- Stress resistant
- Flexible (shift system)
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Strong affinity with IT evolutions
- Customer oriented
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directe
In addition to a pleasant work environment, training and development opportunities, we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.